During the 2019 TEDx program in Detroit, co-organizer Terry Bean briefly took the stage. In the allotted few minutes he shared this one big idea: We all have the ability to cast a positive stone, creating ripples that benefit others.
In addition, he also shared these eight ideas for casting positive stones.
- Hold the door for someone;
- Celebrate important milestones with the people you love;
- Smile, or better yet, make someone else smile;
- Lend an ear by being there for those who need you;
- Shine the light on people doing excellent work;
- Pay it forward with something as simple as buying someone a cup of coffee;
- Connect the people you know with the people they need to know; and,
- Be kind.
Bean’s list is not just a simple one; it’s also a list of little things that you can do each and every day to create positive ripples in the world.
Like what you’ve read? Prefer to hear it as a podcast or daily flash briefing? Subscribe to the Networking Rx Minute podcast here or wherever you get your podcasts.