It is vital that you understand three recurring networking themes:
• The Golden Rule of Networking
• Know, Like and Trust
• Every Contact Has Opportunity
Beyond these, however, you also need to have the correct networking mindset, as attitude is everything:
• Believe It Works … Whether you believe networking will work or you don’t, you are going to be right. If you believe in it, you will conduct yourself with confidence and that will draw people to you. If you are skeptical of the activity or its potential, that will serve to repel people from you. Thus, BELIEVE!
• You Network Well … Remember: Everything you do is networking… Everything you have ever achieved has involved networking … Everywhere you go is networking … Everyone you interact with involves networking. KNOW THIS … You are much better at networking than you likely give yourself credit.
• Be Of The Right Mind … Not every day is going to be a good day. As such, if you are not in the right frame of mind (and cannot get there), save your networking for another day … stay home … off the phone … away from e-mail.
In life, attitude is everything. The same is true in networking. Before you network, get the right attitude.
think positively slogan on blackboard